Thomas M. Cunningham
Mr. Cunningham’s workplace practice focus is predominately on pension and other employee benefits. He represents claimants including class-action plaintiffs for ERISA claims including against pension plans, retirement plans, and welfare plans including long term disability (LTD) plans. He represents ERISA pension plans and ERISA welfare plans, and plan sponsors, plan administrators and plan fiduciaries. He maintains a specialty practice in joint labor management pension funds and welfare funds (Taft-Hartley plans). He also practices estate litigation and trust litigation for claimants and fiduciary clients, and handles real estate, wills, estates and trusts and business and commercial matters.
- West Virginia University – B.M. (1974); M.M. (1976)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (1994)
- University of Pittsburgh Law Review – Author, Extending Shaw v. Lindheim Substantial Similarity and the Idea-Expression Distinction in Copyright of Non-Literary Subject Matter; Vol. 55, No. 1.
Admitted to Practice:
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court – Northern & Southern Districts
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- International Foundation Employee Benefit Plans